Bug fixes and a new Simplified Chinese localization!
There was a delay in the approval process. 1.0.4 almost went out with multiplayer features turned off! We can’t have that!
We expect it to be live by the last day of February (since it’s a leap year, that gives us one more day!)
1.0.4 is in Apple’s approval queue, and we should see it released within three or four days.
We tried to zap as many bugs as possible with this version. For example, it was possible to end up playing a game where your iOpponent had unlimited sonar pings. Also, a game could end up in a sort of limbo state if the other player chickened out.
We’ve also added a Chinese (Simplified) localization to this version, the first of what we hope will be a major expansion in the number of languages supported. Over the next few weeks, we plan to add French, Korean, Portuguese, Japanese, and maybe Russian.
War at Sea 1.0.3 is now live on the App Store! Update to see these new features:
• Game Center game list available from the game board.
• More sonar options.
• Sonar count is always displayed.
• Link to support page from About screen.
• Invite people you’ve been matched with to become friends on Game Center.
• “Rematch!” button at the end of multiplayer games.
We’re almost ready to send 1.0.3 off for Apple’s approval. Here are some of the things we’re working on:
- You can call up a list of Game Center games (and switch to another one!) right from the game board.
- You can now have 4 or 5 sonar pings per player in a game.
- Sonar will always tell you how many pings you have left, including “none” and “infinity.”
- Tapping on the DELA logo on the “About” screen will take you to this page.
- After a multiplayer game is finished, there will be a “Rematch!” button available. You can even come back and use that button on a game you previously finished.
- Since Game Center will only allow a rematch with someone who is already your friend, if your opponent is not on your friends list, you’ll be shown a friend invite screen. Meet new people!
This version will most likely be available around the end of the first week of January.
Since 1.0.2 came out and people have started using Game Center’s Auto-Matching feature to play against random opponents, we thought we should write a quick blurb about how Auto-Matching works. It’s been added to the FAQ.
Thanks to clues from your feedback, we’ve read through the code line by line and found that one spot where a “>” should be a “<“.
Okay, two spots.
The point is, we’re prepping 1.0.2, which may finally eliminate any remaining crashes.
When you’ve got ships blowing up all around you, the last thing you need to worry about is a crash!
Version 1.0.1 has been approved by Apple (as of December 5) and should start appearing in App Stores around the world over the next 24 hours.
Besides a fix for Game Center scoring and the elimination of (hopefully) all crashes, 1.0.1 contains a Spanish localization. So if you or anyone you know prefers to communicate in Spanish, pick it up!
We’ve sent a 1.0.1 build off to Apple for approval. We found a problem with multiplayer scoring, and fixed (hopefully) any crashes people have been seeing. We think we got ’em all, but if not, we’re ready to turn around a 1.0.2 build quickly! We want your game experience to be perfect!